Interpersonal and Family Relationships 11 will have you refining your understanding of the links between personal development and your career decisions. You will cover:
Unit 1: Methods of Communication
• the different forms of communication, and the variety of ways we use communication.
Unit 2: Understanding Relationships
• the many types of relationships, and how to build and maintain successful relationships.
Unit 3: Marriage and Commitment Customs
• how marriage varies from culture to culture/person to person, and how it can evolve over time.
Unit 4: Wellness and Safety in Relationships
• be introduced to healthy and unhealthy relationships, and how to differentiate between the two.
Unit 5: Putting It Together
• course inquiry project
Further concepts covered include:
• how connections you make with other people influence and support you;
• how to keep yourself safe online;
• roles and responsibilities as a young worker, and how to conduct yourself on the job;
• exploring different career options that match your interests, skills, and motivations;
• what courses you will need to lead you into post-secondary training, certification, or direct path to employment; and
• how to interview and prepare for a job.
5% StartUp Assignment
25% Learning Guides and Journals
25% Putting It Together Inquiry Project
20% Midterm Exam
25% Final Exam
All Resources can be found online