How do I register my child for the Kindergarten to Grade 7 online program?
If you're interested in finding out more about our Kindergarten to Grade 7 online program, please call 604-713-5520 to schedule an in-person appointment with a counsellor. For more information you can also visit the VSB Website.
How do I register for a Grade 8-9 online courses?
If you're a full-time VLN student, you must make an appointment with your counsellor to set up your program. Your counsellor's contact information can be found under the "Contact" tab.
If you're attending a different school and want to take one or two courses simultaneously at VLN, your home school's principal must fill out and sign your Registration Form. You can get this form from your counsellor. Once the form is completed, bring it to the VLN office. Our location is listed in Contact.
How do I register for Grade 10-12 online courses?
Students must register online for all Grade 10-12 courses.
- Click "Sign Up"
- If you are new to VLN, choose “I do not have a username and password” and follow the prompts. You will receive a User Name and Password by email that will allow you to log into D2L once you've submitted the registration form.
- If you already have a User Name and Password, login to register. If you cannot login, or have forgotten your login information, send an email to VLND2L. Please DO NOT create another user.
- Once you're logged in, choose the course you'd like to enrol in.
- You will have access to the class once you're registered. Scroll down the main page to the My Courses section. Here you will find a link to the class you're registered in. You will need to complete a StartUp Assignment BEFORE you get access to the remainder of the course.
- Click on the class link and there you will find all the instructions you need to complete and submit the StartUp Assignment. Once it has been marked by your teacher, It is sent to the registrar for activation. You'll be able to access the remainder of the course. This may take 2-3 school days.
- Once your StartUp Assignment has been marked, you'll see all additional content and drop boxes for you to complete the course.
- Some courses have required materials and/or optional textbooks that will need to be picked up at the VLN office. You may be required to leave a refundable textbook deposit.
- If you attend an independent school, you must submit proof of Canadian citizenship and BC residency.
- If you are an international student, please refer to International Students.