- All module tests, VLN midterms and final exams must be written at VLN.
- Courses are organized to prepare students for exams. Exams are to be scheduled once students have completed and submitted the necessary assignments.
- You must book your exam at least 3 school days in advance.
- VLN does not ask or permit students to take tests during a period in which a student is expected to be in class at another school. In certain circumstances, permission may be requested.
How to book an exam:
To book your exam, log into AppointmentQuest with your username and password. Here you can review your testing information, register for future exams and cancel scheduled exams. If you are having difficulty accessing AppointmentQuest, please contact Harsher Mann
Be sure to enter your correct email address. This will allow you to receive an email confirmation of your exam appointment. The confirmation email will be followed by a reminder email on the day before your exam.
Please DO NOT use AppointmentQuest to book your exam if you require special services or support. Instead, email Jim Rutley at least 2 weeks in advance of the proposed test date if you have an IEP that grants the following test adaptations:
- extra time beyond the allotted test time
- a private setting to write your exam
- a computer for written responses
- a reader/scribe for written responses
Please note that you will be required to provide a copy of your IEP to Mr. Rutley before you write your exam.
Test site and schedule:
The VLN test site is located at the southeast corner of John Oliver Secondary School. All exams booked by AppointmentQuest are held in Room 117 or the JO cafeteria. Signs will direct you to the appropriate location on the day of your exam. The length of each exam varies, so check with your course teacher for precise details prior to writing.
School Year (September - June):
- Test days are Monday to Friday
- Test times are Monday and Tuesday 4:30pm, Wednesday to Thursday 1:30pm and 4:30pm, Friday 10:00am and 1:00pm
Summer (July - August):
- Test Days Monday to Friday
- Test Times 9:00am and 12:00pm
Please note: In July and August your Spring/Summer online courses will have specific exam dates and times scheduled outside of Appointment Quest. Please contact your course teacher for these dates. There are also limited exam scheduling during Winter and Spring breaks. Exam sittings are offered during all Professional Development days.
Exam cancellations online:
Cancellations must be received at least 48 hours in advance, excluding weekends. A penalty may be given if your request is not received in time or if you do not show up to write your exam. An email confirmation will be sent upon cancellation. To cancel an exam booked online, you MUST login to AppointmentQuest and cancel it yourself. DO NOT email cancellation requests to your teacher or counsellor. It's your responsibility to follow these instructions.
Exam site protocol:
Arrive on time, if not a little early, and be prepared. Photo ID is required or you will not be permitted to write. Acceptable student ID includes:
- BC Identification Card
- Driver's License
- Government Issued Photo ID
Please note the following guidelines:
- Students must provide their own pens, pencils and appropriate calculators. Scrap paper will be provided at the exam site.
- Cell phones and smart watches are not permitted.
Students must contact their course teacher directly about exam rewrites.
Provincial exams should be written at your home school if you are not a full time student with us. To do this, speak with your counselor at your home school to get registered once you have completed 80% of your course or once you have completed the course and received a final mark from us. However, if your home school does not offer the provincial exam you need to write, contact your VLN course teacher so they can register you to take it at VLN instead. Speak to your course teacher regarding deadlines and for more specific registration information.